Magician and Actor Ricky Jay DEAD @ 72

He had a notable and long career as a magician; however; he was familiar to movie fans appearing in many films including Magnolia as the narrator, Tomorrow Never Dies as a cyber terrorist and Boogie Nights.

Ricky Jay also had a variety of roles on TV including popular shows like The X-Files and Deadwood.

He was a master magician and he once recalled he first performed magic when he was 4.  During an interview he gave to The New Yorker magazine he talked about the beginnings of his interest in the magical arts, "It was a natural assimilation. I mean, I never talk much about my family, but my grandfather was friendly with these guys, with magicians and ventriloquists on the highest levels, and I was just … interested. First I was drawn to the idea of learning how to do magic, but quickly wound up making that transition to learning about it."

https://goo.gl/ZJmTCn


Comments

Popular Posts

Ever curious about the final resting
place of a favorite celebrity?
Find A Grave is a comprehensive site that
can help you do just that.

Find A Grave Website