Dan Ingram, Radio Broadcasting Legend, DEAD @ 83

I write this NSDW notice from a personal perspective.  I have spent my entire life in the radio business.  From the time I was a teenager through the present day, and if it hadn't been for Dan Ingram it might not have turned out that way.

Dan Ingram was on the air at one of the most important Top 40 radio stations in the USA, WABC.  The station proudly took it's place next to KHJ, Los Angeles; WLS, Chicago; WRKO, Boston; KFRC San Francisco, and others whose legend lives on today.  At least in the minds of the huge audiences that came along for the ride every day.

The role of the DJ on AM radio was larger than life then.  Today, the game has changed.   Really changed.  I know I am not alone when I say thanks Dan.  The inspiration you provided will always be remembered.

Here are some links so you can experience a taste of Music Radio 77 WABC, New York.



Later, Dan was heard on WCBS-FM.  Playing oldies.

If you are interested in more on Big Dan and WABC I recommend you check out the following link.  A part of the New York Radio Message Board. Airchecks, pictures, jingles, and other memories if you care to partake in the them.

musicradio77.com/ingramhistory.html

Comments

Popular Posts

Ever curious about the final resting
place of a favorite celebrity?
Find A Grave is a comprehensive site that
can help you do just that.

Find A Grave Website