Screenwriter Andy Lewis DEAD @ 92

Oscar-nominated and known for the film Klute as well as writing the classic 1971 crime thriller and wrote episodes of 'Dr. Kildare,' '12 O'Clock High' and 'The Virginian.

Early in his career, in the 1950s and '60s, Lewis also wrote for such TV shows as Hudson's Bay, The F.B.I., and the series called Profiles in Courage, a historical anthology series.

The story in The Hollywood Reporter shared his personal message left for his family upon his death.  I liked it and repost it here:
"To be sure, I feel a little timid about dying. It's something I haven't done before…And you know, as a matter of reason, that you have to let me go.
"I've had long lucky years. I don't feel many shames or regrets. I've done most of my chores. I'm ready to rest.
"But at this goodbye, know these things. You have filled my life. You are my pride. Know my love."

 

Comments

Popular Posts

Ever curious about the final resting
place of a favorite celebrity?
Find A Grave is a comprehensive site that
can help you do just that.

Find A Grave Website